Lisa Jahn, Professional Writer
Interested in learning more about us?
About Lisa Jahn, Professional Writer
Synopsis of Professional Writings & Development
- Researched, wrote, and planned funded grant proposals for schools, nonprofit and faith-based entities, businesses, and municipalities.
- Developed formats for reporting and tracking budgets, objectives, and measurable outcomes.
- Wrote and designed career development materials including resumes, cover letters, portfolios, presentations, and interview materials.
- Prepared business and marketing plans, created promotional materials, business forms, reports, and informational pieces.
- Crafted a detailed persuasive letter sent to legislatures and presidential offices that resulted in VP Cheney intervening so that an unprecedented disability decision was made for the client.
- Published articles as a guest journalist/writer for many Iowa newspapers, Ashford University Alumni Magazine, state papers, and online publications.
- Initiated, funded, and executed the first Teen Employment Center in the United States; 88% of teens using center obtained jobs and 43% of those jobs were career related.
- Composed workbooks, guides, and programs on Employer Engagement, The Teen Employment Center, and A Teacher’s Guide to School-to-Work used by UW-Madison, National Career Conferences, school districts, and government entities.
- Researched, wrote, organized, and implemented an in-depth program to track healthcare for dependent adults to effectively communicate with physicians, social workers, and caregivers.
- Contracted by Iowa Vocational Rehab to write business plans for adults with disabilities.
Teaching / Presenting / Coaching
- Taught course on grant writing for UW-Madison’s Career Development Convention.
- Taught and coached teens entrepreneurship; teens partnered with a radio station to host a weekly radio show, funded training for a school therapy dog, and created a school DJ service.
- Presented written works and program designs at conferences for educators, career development specialists, business leaders, and professionals.
- Taught and wrote curriculum for courses in writing, marketing, and business for the community college continuing education program.
- Degrees: MA in Professional Writing (In Progress) and BA in Journalism & Mass Communications
- Certifications: Career Development Facilitator, Professional Resume Writer, Crisis Prevention Intervention Instructor, CPR Instructor
- Additional Studies: Grant Writing, Paralegal, English, Equestrian Science, Leadership, Diversity, STW
- Professional Writers Association, Society for Professional Journalists, FundsforWriters